Richard J. Reimer & Associates 15 Spinning Wheel Rd, Hinsdale, IL60521 Richard J. Reimer & Associates is a labor law firm serving clients in Hinsdale and surrounding areas. It works…More mostly with police officers and firefighters and their unions and pension funds. Visit www.rjrlaborlaw.com to learn more, or call 630-654-9547 for a free consultation.
Clarendon Hills Fire Department 316 Park Ave, Clarendon Hills, IL60514 The Clarendon Hills Fire Department is composed of paid on-call, full-time, part-time and contracted firefighters who…More respond to calls in Hinsdale, as well as Clarendon Hills. The department responds to about 1,000 calls a year. It was founded in 1924.
The Hinsdale Fire Department has 24 full-time professional firefighters on staff. Regardless of rank or age, every…More member of the department has to pass a physical ability test, which includes the following five challenges:
1) Climbing a five-story tower, wearing 50 pounds of gear and carrying 45 pounds of hose
2) Pull a 45-pound roll of hose hand over hand up the five story tower
3) Descend four floors to strike and move a 150-pound weight five feet, using an eight-pound, shot-filled sledgehammer
4) Walk 100 feet to pick up a hose filled with water and drag it 75 feet
5) Move a 175-pound mannequin 100 feet
In addition to fire and rescue, the department provides public education and services. It has one truck, three engines, two ambulances, two chief cars, one fire prevention car and one pool/resource car.
Both the Hinsdale and Clarendon Hills fire departments respond to calls in both communities.