Warm and welcoming, The Daily Scoop has all the charm of an old-fashioned ice cream parlour for children and adults alike. The homegrown staff is friendly, helpful and very accomodating. In addition to sponsoring the yearly local little league team, The Daily Scoop is a cornerstone of the Clarendon Hills community, proven by it's own "Wall o' Photos." One regular touts it as having "the best hot dog in town". While another highly recommends "the birthday cake ice cream in a chocolate sprinkled cone".
- Fax: 630-655-4115
- Hours: Summer Seasonal Hours: Mon - Sat, 11am - 10pm; Sun, noon - 10pm
- Handicap Accessible: Entrance is at street level.
- Founding Date: Jan 01 2001
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Diner's Club, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Sherman's Ice Cream, soy ice cream, frozen yogurt, hand-dipped cones, smoothies, shakes, malts, sodas, floats, cakes, pies, sundaes, hot dogs, italian beef, PB&Js, slushies, candies, bottled drinks
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Specialties: The Belly Buster - 5 lbs of ice cream and if you can finish it in one sitting by yourself, you get a Daily scoop T-shirt! Any combination ice cream shakes, Wednesday & Saturday afternoon Grill Outs
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: free, On-street: metered
- Private events: Yes
- What makes this community special?: "It has a small town feel yet so close to Chicago."
- Frozen yogurt: Yes
- Number of ice cream flavors: 18
- If this community were a flavor, what would it be?: This community would be Blue Moon - can't place the ingredients but it's just plain good.
- Number of candy varieties: 21