Monroe Elementary School has been home to budding learners in Hinsdale since 1928. There have been many building additions over the years, but the school's towering brick and stone facade has remained. Monroe is one of four elementary schools in Hinsdale and has been recognized with the distinguished Great Schools Award, scoring a 10 out of 10 rating.
Monroe's teachers and faculty emphasize a nurturing, structured environment while learning. The school's PTO has dozens of enthusiastic parents who volunteer for various positions throughout the year, such as Room Parent, the annual Book Fair and Kids Care Club.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 4:30pm
- Number of students: 464
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Religious affiliation: None
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: Yes
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 17.7%
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 25
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school invites area citizens to come in and read to some of the younger classes, the school takes many area field trips, Hinsdale police officers are also active with the students with many local programs.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: Pre-K - 5th grade
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Band, chorus
- Sports teams: Basketball, volleyball
- Student clubs: Kids Care Club, Chess Club, Spanish Club, French Club