After knocking off rival Lyons Township, 24-20, on the road Friday night, Hinsdale Central (4-1) maintained its No. 11 ranking in Mike Clark's Chicago Sun-Times rankings, and its No. 15 spot in Mike Helfgot's Chicago Tribune rankings.
The Red Devils were ranked in those same spots in both polls last week.
READ: Strong Second Half Fuels Hinsdale Central Over Lyons Township
Senior Red Devils quarterback Brian Owens completed 14 of 23 passes in Friday's win for 224 yards, finishing with two touchdowns and one interception. Senior running back Jack Adams tallied a hard-earned 106 yards and one touchdown on 25 carries.
The Hinsdale Central defense held LT to three second-half points, allowing the Red Devils (4-1) to turn around a game they trailed 17-14 at halftime.
The Red Devils host Hinsdale South Saturday for Hinsdale Central's for their Homecoming game. The Hornets (4-1) suffered their first loss of the season Friday night against Leyden.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Strong Second Half Fuels Hinsdale Central Over Lyons Township
- Hinsdale Central's Strong Effort Not Enough Against Glenbard West
- Hinsdale Central Moves to 3-0 After Win At Proviso West
- Hinsdale Central No. 12 in Chicago Sun-Times' Rankings
- Hinsdale Central 2-0 After Sloppy Road Win Over Leyden
- Hinsdale Central Blanks St. Charles North in Opener