The Red Devils won the sectional meet in Downers Grove with 266 points. Lyons Township High School in LaGrange finished in second place with 242 points and Lake Park High School in Roselle finished in third place with 182 points, according to the IHSA.
The state finals meet will be held this Friday through Saturday in the Beardsley Gymnasium at Evanston Township High School. The meet will be the last for Coach Corky King who has been the Hinsdale Central coach for 15 seasons, according to The Doings of Oak Brook.
Here is a look at the events that Hinsdale Central will compete in this weekend at state:
- 200-Yard Medley Relay: The team qualified for state with a time of 1:37.27. Libertyville High School had the best time for a qualifying team—1:33.47.
- 200-Yard Freestyle: Freshman William Bowater qualified for the event with a time of 1:44.61. The best qualifying time at 1:41.51 went to senior Stuart Hohm from Glenwood High School in Chatham.
- 50-Yard Freestyle: Junior Brian Powell qualified with a time of 21.93 seconds. Senior Ryan Held from Sacred Heart-Griffin in Springfield had the best qualifying time of 20.46 seconds.
- Diving: Qualifying for state in diving were senior Sam Pielett, with a score of 397.75; and junior Elliott Arnold, with a score of 380.15. The best qualifying score of 552.60 went to junior Joey Cifelli of Marian in Chicago Heights.
- 100-Yard-Butterfly: Freshman Franco Reyes qualified with a time of 49.84—not far behind the best qualifying time of 49.06 recorded by senior Steven Tan 49.06 Illinois Math and Science Academy in Aurora.
- 100-Yard Freestyle: Junior Brian Portland qualified for state with a time of 47.39. Junior Mossimo Chavez of Whitney Young in Chicago had the best qualifying time — 45.59.
- 500-Yard Freestyle: Junior Adam Pircon qualified for state with a time of 4:43.70. Junior Jake Miller of University High School in Normal had the best qualifying time of 4:35.47.
- 200-Yard Freestyle Relay: The Hinsdale Central team qualified with a time of 1:27.51. University High School had the best qualifying time—1:25.59.
- 100-Yard Backstroke: Sophomore Craig Smith qualified with a time of 53.54. Senior Alex Snarski from Libertyville High School had the best qualifying time of 49.55.
- 100-Yard Breaststroke: Freshman Franco Reyes qualified for state with a time of 59.74. Junior Jordan O'Brien of Metea Valley in Aurora had the best qualifying time in the event — 56.31.
- 400-Yard Freestyle: Hinsdale Central qualified for state with a time of 3:12.76. Evanston Township High School had the best qualifying time — 3:07.98.