District 181 addressed the picketer issue in a statement Friday morning.
"The work at HMS has not been interrupted," District 181 superintendent Renée Schuster said in the statement. "This should in no way affect SERVPRO’s continued progress in eradicating the mold and preparing HMS for the return of our students and staff as soon as possible."
The statement said an update on SERVPRO's progress would be provided later on Friday.
Read more about the issues at HMS:
- HMS Has 'Serious' Air Quality, Moisture Issues, Schuster Says
- HMS Closed Friday For Cleaning, Testing
- HMS Closed Tuesday, Wednesday For Mold Removal, Testing
- How Will HMS Off-Days Be Made Up?
- HMS Won't Re-Open Until Jan. 28
- HMS Classes Will Resume Thursday at CHMS
- HMS Principal Lays Out What to Expect Thursday
- 1st Split-Schedule Day at CHMS an 'Overall Success'