Three would-be newcomers to the District 86 Board of Education have joined together as a slate for this spring's municipal election.
Victor Casini, Claudia Manley and Ed Corcoran make up the "Friends for District 86" slate that has launched FriendsforDistrict86.com, which Corcran listed as the slate's campaign website in a Patch candidate questionnaire, detailing the candidates' backgrounds, skills, and pledge to the community.
According to its pledge, the slate's primary goals are to "maintain and improve" the educational excellence, "revitalize" the board, consider future tax levies publicly, and promote fiscal responsibility.
Additional goals include increased community access to board documents online, and improved communications.
After Jennifer Babbington's decision to drop out of the District 86 race, there are eight candidates vying for four seats on the board.
In addition to Casini (a Burr Ridge resident), Corcoran (Clarendon Hills) and Manley (Darien), incumbents Dennis Brennan (Hinsdale), Kay Gallo (Clarendon Hills) and DeeDee Gorgol (Willowbrook) are running, as are Roseanne Rosenthal (Hinsdale) and Roger Kempa (Darien).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on local news:
More 2013 school board election news:
- District 86 Candidate Manley Pulls Out of District 61 Race
- D86 Board Candidate Pulls Out of Race
- Election 2013: 6 Vying for 4 Maercker District 60 Board Seats
- 5 D181 Board Candidates Vying for 3 Seats
- Dianne Barrett Not Among 9 Running for D86 Board: Election 2013
- Election 2013: Board Member Lewensohn Among First 5 D181 Candidates to File
- Election 2013: D86 Parent Who Opposed Sex-Heavy Movies Seeking School Board Seat