The detail was conducted on the westbound Reagan Memorial Tollway (I-88) at York Road by ISP District 15 officers.
The following citations were issued at the safety check:
- Registration offenses: 2 arrests, 5 warnings
- Insurance offenses: 11 arrests
- Driver’s license offenses: 10 arrests, 4 warnings
- Equipment offenses: 1 arrest, 10 warnings
- Occupant Restraint Offenses: 4 arrests
- Driving Under the Influence arrests: 1 arrest
- Other alcohol/drug arrests: 1 arrests
- Criminal arrests: 1 arrests
- Total citations/arrests: 31
- Total written warnings: 19
Alcohol is involved in nearly 40 percent of fatal crashes in Illinois. RSCs are designed to remove alcohol-impaired drivers. However, when other violations are observed such as driving with a suspended or revoked license, operating a vehicle without a valid registration or insurance, or safety belt violations, enforcement action may be taken.
This project was funded through the Illinois Department of Transportation, Division of Traffic Safety.