The following is a release from the :
The wishes everyone a safe and happy Halloween and suggests the following guidelines.
- Walk, slither and sneak on sidewalks, not in the street and cross the street only at corners.
- Look both ways before crossing the street to check for cars and low flying brooms.
- If possible, use face paint instead of a mask that may cover your eyes.
- For your safety, we recommend that children should go out during daylight hours only.
- If children are allowed out after dark, outfits should be made of light colored or reflective type clothing so they are more visible. Carry a flashlight to light your way.
- Small children should never be allowed to Trick or Treat alone. Make sure an adult or older sibling is with them at all times.
- Children should only stop at familiar houses in their own neighborhood unless they are accompanied by an adult.
- Instruct your child never to go into the home of a stranger or get in their car.
- Keep costumed children away from pets. The pet may not recognize the child and become frightened.
- DO NOT ALLOW your children to eat any treats until they bring them home to be examined by you.
- Wash all fruits and cut them into small pieces before eating.
- Examine candy closely and discard unpackaged and opened candies. When in doubt, throw it out.
- Do not feed candy to wild animals!
- If your children do go out without adult supervision, agree on specific times they must check-in and return home.
The Village of Hinsdale DOES NOT set trick or treat hours, but is recommending that children complete their trick or treating before dusk. HAVE A SAFE HALLOWEEN!!