The Chicago Tribune reported Monday that Roundy's, the parent company of Mariano's, has purchased 11 Chicago-area Dominick's locations that were slated to close at the end of December, including the one at 14 Garden Market St. in Western Springs.
Crain's Chicago Business is also reporting the sale.
READ: Mariano's Announcement 'Great' for Western Springs
The 11 Dominick's locations purchased by Roundy's in the $36 million deal announced Monday, according to the Tribune, are:
- Park Ridge: 1900 S. Cumberland Ave.
- Western Springs: No. 14 Garden Market St.
- Chicago: 3145 S. Ashland Ave.
- Chicago: 2021 W. Chicago Ave.
- Northfield: 1822 Willow Rd.
- Westchester: 3020 S. Wolf Rd.
- Buffalo Grove: 450 Half Day Rd.
- Chicago: 5201 N. Sheridan Rd.
- Gurnee: 6655 Grand Ave.
- Aurora: 3025 E. New York St.
- Shorewood: 950 Brook Forest Ave.
Mariano's was a popular response among Patch readers who were asked what they'd like to see replace the Western Springs Dominick's after parent-company Safeway announced in October that it was pulling out of the Chicago market.
READ: Dominick's to Leave Western Springs
There are currently 13 Mariano's locations in the Chicago area, according to the Tribune. Five more are currently under construction.
There are plenty of ways to keep up on area news: