1. Acquisitions of Fine Art's Party for Pillars takes place at 5 p.m. Saturday at 10 E. Hinsdale Ave. in Hinsdale. "Enjoy wine, champagne and hors d’oeuvres along with a chance to win dinner for two at Zak’s Place in Hinsdale, a piece of fine art and more!" reads. The $25 event benefits Pillars, a mental health and social service agency.
2. Also Saturday is Run the Ridge 5K in Burr Ridge at 8 a.m. "Hundreds of runners throughout the Chicagoland area will join forces during the 8th Annual Run the Ridge 5K Run/Walk & Kids' Dash on Saturday, June 23, 2012," reads. "This year's race is presented by diamond sponsor Codilis & Associates P.C., and all net proceeds from the race will benefit Turning Pointe Autism Foundation in Naperville." For registration info, visit the event listing.
3. On Sunday, is holding a unique ice cream tasting at noon. "We are exploring our shop in search of new and classic flavors for everyone's favorite summertime treat," reads. "We'll have at least 6 flavors of homemade ice cream to try: including Lemon, Pomegranate Rose, Key Lime, Mexican Chocolate, Ginger and Licorice!"
4. Like Hinsdale-Clarendon Hills Patch on Facebook and help us get to 400 fans!
5. June 22 is National Chocolate Eclair Day. And it's Friday. What a day this should be.