1. The is holding a free screening of Julie & Julia Thursday night at 6:30 p.m. as part of its summer movie series. "Movie selections this summer reflect the summer reading theme, 'Reading is So Delicious!'" reads. Those interested in attending need to register in advance.
2. The Finance Commission meets Thursday night at Memorial Hall. The meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. and its full agenda can be found here on the village's website.
3. The is taking local adults on a Salute to Route 66 tour Thursday. "This all day trip departs from the Community Center, 315 Chicago Avenue, at 8:30 a.m. and returns to the western suburbs by 6:30 p.m.," reads. "Rainbow Club travelers will spend the day with award winning Route 66 author John Weiss who will narrate the trip while sharing many interesting stories."
4. Sign up for the Hinsdale-Clarendon Hills Patch newsletter and you'll get all the pertinent local headlines straight in your inbox each morning. It's easy and, best of all, free!
5. June 21 is the summer equinox and the longest day of the year. Make sure to take advantage!