1. The third and final Lunch on the Lawn in is set for Wednesday afternoon at 12:30 p.m. A magician will be the featured entertainment. "Grab your kids, friends and neighbors to enjoy FREE family entertainment," reads. "Bring your picnic blanket, pack a lunch and see a performance you won’t want to miss! The entertainment series is sponsored by the and the ."
2. Skies will be sunny Wednesday and the high will reach 87 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. Wednesday night, mostly clear skies and a low of 67 degrees are expected.
3. The is sending out its fall brochure this week. "This 24-page, four color brochure includes updated information onthe Clarendon Hills Park District's Active Learners Preschool, the Rainbow Club for active adults ages 50 and better, youth and adult athletic leagues, tot programs, dance and arts classes, family and special events and holiday celebrations," an email from the district to Patch reads. Keep on the look-out!
4. 's Cultivating Spiritual Well-Being During Cancer class at 10:30 a.m. "This program explores spiritual themes that can be found universally across cultures and spiritual traditions such as surrender and forgiveness, the power of ritual, meditation and prayer, hope and faith, healing verses curing, and community and connection to begin an individualized personal vision for enhancing spiritual well-being," reads. See the listing for more info.
5. August is underway! This morning on Patch is and also a quick look back at the top stories of July.
Want your event to be featured in Patch's morning report? Post it here on our events calendar!