The most likely outcome, according to the Chicago Tribune, is that the existing stores would be bought up by several different chains and not one buyer.
Up for grabs, therefore, is the space housing Western Springs' Dominick's at 14 Garden Market St.
So the question is: Who should move in?
We asked that question to fans of the Facebook pages of Western Springs Patch, La Grange Patch and Hinsdale-Clarendon Hills Patch, and here are the answers we've received so far:
- Marcy Dean Rossi: "Mariano's sounds like a good plan!"
- David Chiappe: "Mariano's"
- Julie Pietryla: "Cub Foods"
- Piotr Ptak: "Shop and Save"
- Sue Mylan Rogers: "Mariano's - some of my friends up north have them near them and say the selection is awesome"
- Tracie White: "Pete's Fresh Market"
- Rocki DeBartolo: "Mariano's without a doubt. Been hoping for one since I first went to the Frankfort one and then Elmhurst."
- Ann MacIntosh Baker "Another hair salon! <kidding> OK seriously, Mariano's would be stupdenous but their stores are usually a lot larger. Pete's Fresh Market is a possibility."