The Mariano’s Western Springs will open its doors at 6 a.m. on Tuesday.
“At Mariano’s Western Springs, we are taking a fresh, new approach to service, value and selection,” said Roundy’s Chairman and CEO Bob Mariano. “We’re partnering with local and regional suppliers, manufacturers and restaurants to bring the best food and ingredients Chicagoland has to offer here in one convenient and family-friendly location.”
The Western Springs store will offer free WIFI, a comfortable café, live piano music that adds ambiance to the grocery experience, and access to a dietitian for nutrition consultations, education classes, health screenings and cooking demonstrations.
Additionally, beginning on opening day, Mariano’s Western Springs will offer:
- Premium coffees and espressos, freshly roasted right in Chicago, along with traditional Italian gelato at Vero – Mariano’s own authentic Italian coffee shop
- Squeez’d – our smoothie bar that features a variety of made-to-order nutritional fruit and vegetable smoothies
- OKI Sushi offers pre-made Maki and unique signature rolls prepared by our onsite sushi chefs
- Specialty Olive Oil and Vinegar Shop, showcasing 180 olive oils and 160 vinegars – including a tasting bar
Western Springs is the third Mariano’s store to open, following Roundy’s acquisition of 11 Dominick’s locations in December 2013. This opening will bring the total of Mariano’s stores to 17 across the greater Chicagoland area.
Mariano’s Western Springs will be open seven days a week from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. The pharmacy will be open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.The above information was updated at 11 a.m. on Monday, March 10.
A new Mariano's in Western Springs will open this week.
Mariano's will open its newest store at 14 Garden Market St. in Western Springs on March 11 at 6 a.m., according to a Friday announcement on the Mariano's Facebook page.
Roundy’s, Inc., the parent company Mariano’s, bought a the former Dominick's store in Western Springs and converted it into the new Mariano's. Mariano's is hiring employees for its new store. A hiring center is located at 3061 Wolf Rd. in Westchester.
At the end of last year, Roundy's purchased 11 Chicago-area Dominick's locations that were slated to close at the end of December, including the one in Western Springs.The 11 Dominick's locations purchased by Roundy's in the $36 million deal were:
- Park Ridge: 1900 S. Cumberland Ave.
- Western Springs: No. 14 Garden Market St.
- Chicago: 3145 S. Ashland Ave.
- Chicago: 2021 W. Chicago Ave.
- Northfield: 1822 Willow Rd.
- Westchester: 3020 S. Wolf Rd.
- Buffalo Grove: 450 Half Day Rd.
- Chicago: 5201 N. Sheridan Rd.
- Gurnee: 6655 Grand Ave.
- Aurora: 3025 E. New York St.
- Shorewood: 950 Brook Forest Ave.
Mariano's was a popular response among Patch readers who were asked what they'd like to see replace the Western Springs Dominick's after parent-company Safeway announced in October that it was pulling out of the Chicago market.
READ: Dominick's to Leave Western Springs