Week in Review: Man Charged with Armed Robbery; DARE to be Re-examined
Patch looks back five of the most read stories from the week of July 9 to July 13.
1. Chicago Man, 20, Charged with Armed Robbery in Downtown Hinsdale: Witnesses assisted in the arrest of David Quevedo in the 100 block of West 1st Street Tuesday morning after he allegedly committed armed robbery at The Clock & Watch Shop in the 10 block of West 1st Street.
2. Village to Consider Cutting DARE Program in Clarendon Hills Schools: Both the Village of Clarendon Hills and District 181 are studying whether or not the Social Emotional Learning for Academic Success (SELAS) program can replace services provided by DARE.
3. Gap Leaves Downtown Hinsdale After 21 Years: Hinsdale's director of economic development says the 4,300-square-foot space at the corner of Washington and 1st streets won't be easy to fill.
4. Linly Designs in Clarendon Hills Celebrates 10th Anniversary: Janet Linly runs the interior design showroom with her husband, Tom, and the two have grand plans for the years to come.
5. TMZ: Missy Elliott Files Suit Against Westmont Lamborghini Dealer: The rapper says she agreed to pay the dealership $376,000 for a 2012 Aventador, but never received the car.