Week in Review: 4th of July Heart Attack Victim Marches Again; iPad Plan Nixed
Patch looks back at five of the most read stories from the week of July 2 to July 6.
1. 4th of July Parade: 2011 Heart Attack Victim Ronald Raidy Marches Again: The Civil War re-enactor collapsed during last year's Hinsdale Fourth of July parade, leading to an episode first-responders refer to as "The Miracle on Grant Street."
2. Plan for Widespread iPad Use Nixed by District 181 Board: The @d181 Initiative committee recommended having district-supplied tablets for all third- through eighth-grade students by 2014
3. Hinsdale Woman Competing to be Kelly Ripa's Co-host: Kristen Venetsanopoulos' audition video is one of 25 that can be viewed online; LIVE’s Coast-to-Coast Co-Host Search will be narrowed to 10 on Monday.
4. Hinsdale PD to Residents: Be Wary of Solicitors: The same skills that honest solicitors use to sell products can be used to take advantage of residents, as well, a department release says.
5. Electric Aggregation Referendum OK'd by Clarendon Hills Board: The referendum will appear on the November General Election ballot and, if passed, would allow the village to negotiate with alternative suppliers as a whole.