Clarendon Hills Park District Hosting Healthy Eating Class: Wednesday's Morning Report
Pleasant weather and a weekly bike ride in Burr Ridge are among the other things you should know about for Aug. 15.
1. The Clarendon Hills Park District is hosting its Healthy Snacks, Healthy Meals, Healthy Kids class Wednesday night at 6:30 p.m. "This adult class, taught by registered dietitian Kelly Sierra, will offer detailed information on how to shop, plan and prepare tasty and nutritious foods children of all ages will enjoy," the event's Patch listing reads. "Snacks, lunch ideas and simple dinners will be prepared for sampling." The meeting takes place at The Community Center; it costs $45 and pre-registration is required.
2. Skies will be partly sunny Wednesday and the high will reach 85 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. Wednesday night, mostly cloudy skies and a low of 67 degrees are expected.
3. Team LUNA Chix Chicago Tri is hosting its weekly bike ride Wednesday night at 6:30 p.m. The women's group starts their ride at Urban Tri Gear, 210 Burr Ridge Pkwy. "Whether you’re training for your first triathlon, 100th triathlon, or just wanting to get out and ride, we’d love to have you join us!" the event's Patch listing reads. See that listing for more info.
4. The Village of Hinsdale Foreign Fire Insurance Board and the Zoning Board of Appeals both meet Wednesday night. The insurance board meets at 7 a.m. and the board of appeals meets at 7:30 p.m. See the two meeting agendas here on the village's website.
5. This morning on Patch is an item on the retirement Tuesday of Capt. Bill O'Rourke of the Hinsdale Fire Department. O'Rourke called it quits after 26 years serving the village.