Village President Tom Cauley Unopposed in 2013 Election
The three-person slate of trustee candidates endorsed by the Hinsdale Village Caucus will also be running unopposed on the April 9 ballot.
Hinsdale Village President Tom Cauley won't have to do too much campaigning in advance of this spring's municipal election to secure a second term leading the Village of Hinsdale Board of Trustees.
He'll be the voters' only choice.
Cauley was the only Hinsdale resident to file nominating papers last month to be a village president candidate on the April 9 ballot, according to village clerk Christine Bruton.
The current village president was first elected in 2009, after spending two years as a trustee.
While the Hinsdale Village Caucus cannot, according to its bylaws, endorse a second-term village president, Cauley did get the nod from the caucus' village president nominating committee. Officially, the caucus as a whole did not make an endorsement for village president.
The race for three open Village of Hinsdale Board of Trustees seats will likely be quite anti-climactic, as well.
The three caucus-endorsed candidates—incumbents Laura LaPlaca and Bob Saigh, and would-be-newcomer Jerry Hughes—will run unopposed after no other residents filed with the village.
Naveed Bandukwala, John Maguire, Callie Revord, Ross Sprovieri and Kathleen Wilson will be running unopposed for the five open library board seats. All five were caucus-endorsed.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on local news:
- Sign up for the daily Hinsdale-Clarendon Hills newsletter.
- Like Hinsdale-Clarendon Hills Patch on Facebook.
See past election coverage:
- Dianne Barrett Not Among 9 Running for D86 Board: Election 2013
- Election 2013: 3 to Run for Burr Ridge Mayor, 5 for Village Board
- Election 2013: Board Member Lewensohn Among First 5 D181 Candidates to File
- Election 2013: 3 Candidates File For Burr Ridge Mayoral Race on 1st Day
- Election 2013: D86 Parent Who Opposed Sex-Heavy Movies Seeking School Board Seat
- State Extends Local Elections Filing Deadline to 5 p.m. Dec. 26
- Burr Ridge Trustees Grela, Wott Won't Seek Re-Election in 2013
- Trustee Bob Sodikoff to Run Against Gary Grasso for Burr Ridge Mayor
- D181 Election: Three Up For Re-election Either Not Running, Not Sure
- Election 2013: Hinsdale Caucus Set to Finalize Village, D181 Slates