Villa Taj Mansion Sold for $3.1 Million, Repeat Burglary Offender Charged: Week in Review
Look back at five of the most read stories from the week of Jan. 7 to Jan. 11.
1. Villa Taj Mansion in Burr Ridge Finally Sold for $3.1 Million: The 30,000-square-foot home near the intersection of Plainfield and County Line roads was sold to a bank trust for a lot less than the original $25 million asking price, the Chicago Tribune reports.
2. Man Charged With 2nd Burr Ridge Burglary Since October: Kenneth N. Jackson, of Oak Lawn, was charged with two counts of residential burglary Wednesday after he was charged for a separate burglary last October.
3. Hinsdale Home Burglarized While Owners on Vacation: Police Blotter: Hinsdale police reports, Jan. 1-7.
4. 5 D181 Board Candidates Vying for 3 Seats: Sarah Lewensohn is the only sitting board member seeking re-election to the District 181 Board of Education in April.
5. Village President Tom Cauley Unopposed in 2013 Election: The three-person slate of trustee candidates endorsed by the Hinsdale Village Caucus will also be running unopposed on the April 9 ballot.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on local news:
- Sign up for the daily Hinsdale-Clarendon Hills newsletter.
- Like Hinsdale-Clarendon Hills Patch on Facebook.