Tuesday's Morning Report: Blustery with a Chance of Rain
Keep your week rolling with these important items from Patch.
1. There's a 50 percent chance of rain during the day Tuesday and wind gusts will reach 40 mph, according to the National Weather Service. Skies will be cloudy and the high will hit 38 degrees. Tuesday night, there's a 50 percent chance of rain and snow before midnight. The wind gusts will stick around and the low will dip to 27 degrees.
2. The Clarendon Hills Park District is bringing Clarendon Hills seniors to Chicago for the day Tuesday to enjoy some holiday traditions. For $68, pre-registered participants will visit the Holiday Flower Show at the Garfield Park Conservatory, the Holidays of Light and Christmas Around the World exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry, and have lunch will at Marcello's. The luxury motor coach leaves the Clarendon Hills Community Center at 8 a.m. See the event's Patch listing here for more info.
3. Tuesday is the second-to-last day the Hinsdale Junior Woman's Club, in collaboration with HCS Family Services, is accepting donations for its annual Holiday Toy Drive. Donations can be dropped off at the Clarendon Hills Public Library, Hinsdale Public Library, Hinsdale Bank & Trust, The Community House, and The Hinsdalean. See the event's Patch listing here for more info.
4. This morning on Patch is a story out of Monday night's District 181 Board of Education meeting, where the board approved four new positions to be added during the current school year.
5. Tuesday in Hinsdale Central Red Devils sports: Girls Basketball vs. Glenbard West at Hinsdale Central, 7:30 p.m.