Thursday's Morning Report: Teams Volley for the Cure
The weekend is close; here are a few items from Patch that will get you even closer.
1. Thursday night at Hinsdale Central High School is the fourth annual Volley for the Cure, at which Hinsdale Central and Hinsdale South will play their final girls volleyball games of the regular season and fight breast cancer at the same time by collecting donations that will be taken for the Susan G. Komen Foundation. The night gets started at 4 p.m. See the event's Patch listing here for more info.
2. Thursday on the Hinsdale Central Red Devils sports schedule: Girls Tennis, IHSA State Finals at Prospect High School, 8 a.m.; Girls Volleyball vs. Hinsdale South, 6 p.m.
3. More rain is likely Thursday, according to the National Weather Service. There is a 70 percent chance of precipitation before 1 p.m. Skies will be cloudy with a high temperature of 50 degrees and wind gusts as high as 40 mph. Thursday night, skies will remain cloudy, and the low temperature will drop down to 36.
4. This morning on Patch is a release from the Hinsdale Police Department regarding a runaway Hinsdale teen who has been missing since Oct. 11. Also, there's a story on the student-cell-phone debate conducted by the District 86 school board.
5. Thursday night at Classic Kids Photography in Hinsdale is the Tricks & Treats Yappy Hour. Featured will be a dog-costume Halloween parade, wine from All Wined Up, refreshments from Doggie Diner, even doggie cupcakes from High Hopes for Pets. Get all the info here with the event's Patch listing.