The Village Cellar Hosts Vino Van Gogh Event: Thursday's Morning Report
The weekend is close; get one day closer with these important items from Patch.
1. The Village Cellar is hosting Vino van Gogh Night Thursday at 7 p.m. "Enjoy wine and cheese at The Village Cellar while we show you how to paint your own canvas, creating a work of art that you take home with you at the end of the evening," the event's Patch listing reads. Advanced online registration is encouraged.
2. Skies will be mostly sunny Thursday and the high temperature will hit 84 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. There's a 40 percent chance of showers, mainly after 1 p.m. Thursday night, the chance of precipitation rises to 60 percent. Skies will be mostly cloudy and temperatures will fall into the mid 60s.
3. Wellness House hosts its weekly Women Connected from the Start meeting Thursday at 5:30 p.m. "This group is designed for women who are starting on their cancer journey and would like to meet other recently diagnosed women to share experiences and ask questions of one another," the event's Patch listing reads. The group meets until 7 p.m. and admission is free.
4. This morning on Patch is a release from the Hinsdale police and fire departments about the adoption of a new severe-weather siren policy.
5. Thursday in Hinsdale Central Red Devils varsity sports: Girls Softball vs. Downers North at Hinsdale Central, 4:30 p.m.; Boys Baseball at York, 4:30 p.m.; Girls Soccer vs. York at Hinsdale Central, 4:45 p.m.; Girls Lacrosse at New Trier, 6:30 p.m.; Boys Gymnastics at Lincoln Way East IHSA Sectional, 7 p.m.