Teardown Discussion Continues, 1 of 23 Stolen Guns Recovered: Week in Review
Patch looks back at five of the most-read stories from the week of Feb. 18 to Feb. 22.
1. Teardowns.com 'A Disruptor' in Real Estate Industry, Owner Says: Hinsdale resident Brian Hickey started Teardown.com in 2001 to directly connect sellers of property with redevelopment potential with interested buyers.
2. Realtor on Teardown Trend: Classic Homes 'Keep Hinsdale Unique': Members of the Hinsdale Historic Preservation Commission spoke about the value of the village's old homes and why it's important residents be informed about how they can be preserved.
3. One of 23 Guns Stolen During Burglary Found in Burr Ridge Home: Police: Burr Ridge resident Daniel Swayka was also found to be in possession of a shotgun and 900 rounds of ammunition without a valid gun-owner's license, police said.
4. 11 Hinsdale Central Athletes Commit to Universities: The seniors were honored during a signing ceremony Wednesday morning before school.
5. Radio-Host Lawyer Responsible for Mishandled $2.3M, Judge Rules: Kathleen and Stanley Niew were ruled to be liable for damages related to $2.3 million that went missing while under their law firm's management.
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Hinsdale-Clarendon Hills news: