Rain Likely, Thunderstorms Possible: Thursday's Morning Report
The latest Uniquely Thursday concert in Hinsdale and a women's networking event in Burr Ridge are also among the things you should know for Aug. 9.
1. There's a 60 percent chance of showers Thursday, and thunderstorms are possible after 1 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. Skies will be mostly cloudy and the high will reach 78 degrees. Thursday night, the chance of precipitation goes up to 70 percent, and the low will drop to 63.
2. Hopefully the rain holds off for tonight's Uniquely Thursday concert in Hinsdale's Burlington Park. The band Vinyl Highway will play classic rock hits from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. See the event's Patch listing for more info.
3. B.I.G. is holding a women's networking meeting Thursday night at 11500 German Church Rd. in Burr Ridge. The meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. "B.I.G. is a women’s support, education and networking organization that embraces women’s desire to connect with each other," the event's Patch listing reads. "We strive to facilitate safe and supportive environments to further our members' business dreams and goals." Your first meeting is free.
4. Sign up for Patch's daily email newsletter and get all the top Hinsdale and Clarendon Hills headlines right in your inbox each morning. It's totally free and no-strings-attached!
5. This morning on Patch is Part II of this week's two-part Hinsdale police blotter. Last week was a busy one for the Hinsdale Police Department.