Political Signs, Cell Phone, Wallet All Stolen: Police Blotter
Hinsdale police reports, Oct. 23-29.
Political Signs Stolen
A resident from the 300 block of north Garfield Street reported a political sign was stolen from the front lawn of his home between 9 p.m. Friday and 8:45 a.m. Saturday.
Police said it was the second such political sign stolen from the resident this election season. There are no suspects, and police were not aware of which candidate or issue the signs supported.
WEDNESDAY, OCT. 24
Phone Stolen From Restaurant Employee
Someone stole the cell phone of an employee of Zak’s Place, 112 S. Washington St., while the phone was on a countertop and the employee was working between 4:02 p.m. and 11:15 p.m.
The phone is valued at $400.
MONDAY, OCT. 29
Someone entered an unlocked vehicle parked in the 300 block of west North Street and stole the owner’s wallet between 10:30 p.m. Sunday and 7:30 a.m. Monday.
The wallet was found in bushes nearby the vehicle, but a fraudulent $31 purchase was made using one of the victim’s credit cards.
If you liked this story, you might also want to read:
- Teen Sets Off Smoke Bomb During Football Game: Police Blotter
- Police Find 2 Children Stabbed to Death in Naperville Home
- $5,000 Generator Stolen from Clarendon Hills Home: Police Blotter
- Hinsdale South Grad's Alleged Murderer Pleads Not Guilty: Court Watch
- Two Thefts Occur at Hinsdale ManorCare: Police Blotter
- Man Swings at Police Officer after Traffic Stop: Police Blotter
- Homeless Man Charged With Battery of Gas Station Employee
Police Blotter information is provided by local law enforcement agencies, including the Hinsdale Police Department. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will verify and report the outcome.