Party for Pillars in Hinsdale Set: Friday's Morning Report
The weekend is here; get it started right with these important items from Patch.
1. Acquisitions of Fine Art's Party for Pillars takes place at 5 p.m. Saturday at 10 E. Hinsdale Ave. in Hinsdale. "Enjoy wine, champagne and hors d’oeuvres along with a chance to win dinner for two at Zak’s Place in Hinsdale, a piece of fine art and more!" the event's Patch listing reads. The $25 event benefits Pillars, a mental health and social service agency.
2. Also Saturday is Run the Ridge 5K in Burr Ridge at 8 a.m. "Hundreds of runners throughout the Chicagoland area will join forces during the 8th Annual Run the Ridge 5K Run/Walk & Kids' Dash on Saturday, June 23, 2012," the event's Patch listing reads. "This year's race is presented by diamond sponsor Codilis & Associates P.C., and all net proceeds from the race will benefit Turning Pointe Autism Foundation in Naperville." For registration info, visit the event listing.
3. On Sunday, Savory Spice Shop is holding a unique ice cream tasting at noon. "We are exploring our shop in search of new and classic flavors for everyone's favorite summertime treat," the event's Patch listing reads. "We'll have at least 6 flavors of homemade ice cream to try: including Lemon, Pomegranate Rose, Key Lime, Mexican Chocolate, Ginger and Licorice!"
4. Like Hinsdale-Clarendon Hills Patch on Facebook and help us get to 400 fans!
5. June 22 is National Chocolate Eclair Day. And it's Friday. What a day this should be.