New Hinsdale Restaurant Opening Approaches, 2 Charged with Clarendon Hills Burglary: Week in Review
Patch looks back at five of the most-read stories from the week of Sept. 10 to Sept. 14.
1. Cine Modern Taqueria Owner Plans for Nov. 1 Opening in Downtown Hinsdale: The Mexican restaurant will be the third eatery opened by Peter Burdi in downtown Hinsdale; he also owns Il Poggiolo and Nabuki right across the street.
2. Two People Connected to Clarendon Hills Burglary Arrested, Charged: The burglary occurred on Aug. 30 at approximately 10:15 p.m., according to a release from the Village of Clarendon Hills.
3. Jennycakes in Clarendon Hills to Close in October: Owner Jennifer Surowiec says she wants to spend more time with her young kids after eight years of jam-packed mornings, nights, and weekends.
4. 'Highly Controversial' Movies Being Shown in Class Have D86 Parent Concerned: Members of the the District 86 School Board said they'd support a discussion on their role in approving movies after a Hinsdale South dad voiced concern over the use of "American Beauty" and "Brokeback Mountain" in a Film as Literature class.
5. Football: Hinsdale Central's Strong Effort Not Enough Against Glenbard West: Trailing by 10 points at halftime, the Hilltoppers took control in third quarter and held on in the fourth.