More Jewelry Missing in Hinsdale
The incident was reported less than a mile from the home that was burglarized Saturday night. Here's more info.
Another home in Hinsdale has reported missing jewelry, according to police.
This time the theft took place on the 800 block of Merrill Woods Road. The incident occurred sometime between Oct. 1 and March 12, according to a police report.
A woman reported five pieces of jewelry missing from her home. She thinks contractors and other persons who had authorized access to her residence during the timeframe given might have taken the jewelry.
The total value of the jewelry was unknown at the time of report, but the incident was classified under "theft over $300."
The Merrill Woods home is located less than a mile from the scene of a home burglary that took place March 16. In that incident, forced entry was made to the home via a back door sometime between 7:15 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Several pieces of jewelry were taken from bedrooms within the home.
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Hinsdale-Clarendon Hills news:
- Condition of Woman Rescued from Hinsdale Fire Upgraded to 'Good'
- Elderly Woman Rescued from Burning House in Hinsdale
- Student Found With Pot at Hinsdale Central: Police Blotter
- Garfield Street Burglary Reported, Jewelry Missing
- One of 23 Guns Stolen During Burglary Found in Burr Ridge Home: Police
- $1K in Pink Tickets Stolen, Residential Burglary Reported: Police Blotter
- House Guest Suspected in Hinsdale Theft: Police Blotter
- Westmont Woman Charged With Husband's Stabbing Murder
Police Blotter information is provided by local law enforcement agencies, including the Hinsdale Police Department. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor by emailing email@example.com. We will verify and report the outcome.