Man Struck, Killed by Metra Train, Police Merger Scrapped: Week in Review
Patch looks back at five of the most read stories from the week of March 4 to March 8.
1. Male Pedestrian Dies After Being Struck by BNSF Metra Train in Westmont: Trains resumed slowly through the area Thursday evening as police continued their investigation.
2. Police Merger Plan Scrapped After Negotiations Fail: The Village of Clarendon Hills and its police officers were not able to reach an agreement regarding Social Security benefits under a consolidated Hinsdale-Clarendon Hills model.
3. Darien Man Charged With Robbing Juvenile Near Clarendon Hills: Leverenzel Booth and two other men were charged with felony robbery Thursday after an incident near Clarendon Hills, the DuPage County Sheriff's Office says.
4. Vacant Buildings 'Blight' on Area, Demolition OK'd: The three buildings at 227-231 Burlington Avenue in Clarendon Hills have become an "attractive nuisance" and could be coming down soon.
5. Hinsdale Approves Half-Price Amnesty on Old Parking Tickets: Owed nearly $450,000 in tickets, the Village is considering opening a month-long window for offenders with outstanding tickets to pay them off at half the cost.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Hinsdale-Clarendon Hills news: