Hinsdale United Methodist Hosts Recycling Event: Friday's Morning Report
Pleasant summer weather and Teen Night at the Lions Park Pool in Clarendon Hills are also among the things you should know about for July 20.
1. Hinsdale United Methodist Church, 945 S. Garfield St., is hosting its Recycling & Donation Day Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. "Safely recycle used electronics; recycle used printer cartridges; donate new or gently used items to the National Children's Cancer Society; or donate NEW school supplies for low-income area Chicago Public Schools," the event's Patch listing reads. See that listing for more info.
2. Skies will be mostly sunny Friday and the high temperature will reach 83 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. Friday night, mostly clear skies and a low of 68 are expected.
3. Friday night is Teen Night at the Clarendon Hills Park District's Lions Park Pool. "Come out to the Lions Park Pool, 100 Byrd Court, between 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. for summer fun, games, sand volleyball, music and a pizza party!" the event's Patch listing reads. "This event for teens ages 13 and up will take place after regular open swim hours."
4. Looking ahead, Normandy Remodeling on Saturday morning is hosting a free seminar called, "Adding On: Up, Over, and Out." The seminar begins at 10:30 p.m. at Normandy's 440 E. Ogden Ave. location. "Learn what makes the most sense for adding on to your home as you begin to explore your options in this addition pre-planning seminar," the event's Patch listing reads.
5. This morning on Patch is a quick item on another high national ranking for Hinsdale Central High School. The latest comes from The Washington Post.