Hinsdale Fourth of July Info Available: Wednesday's Morning Report
A plant sale at Vern Goers Greenhouse and some hot weather are also among the things you should know for June 27.
1. The Village of Hinsdale has released its Fourth of July schedule and it's available here on the village's website. Plans for next Wednesday include a 10 a.m. parade through downtown (remember how eventful that one was last year?) and an arts and crafts fair from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Burlington Park.
2. Staying with the Independence Day theme, Vern Goers Greenhouse's "Red, White & Blooms" sale is ongoing through the holiday. "During our 'Red, White & Blooms' sale, get 10 percent off the following items: roses, annual flats, hanging baskets, DRAMM watering tools, and 'flagged' garden merchandise," the event's Patch listing reads.
3. Skies will be sunny Wednesday and the high will reach 92 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. Breezes will blow as hard as 25 mph. Wednesday night, skies will be mostly clear and the low will fall to 73 degrees.
4. This morning on Patch is a release from Adventist Hinsdale Hospital detailing a new tradition whereby Brahm's lullaby interlude is played throughout the campus every time a new baby arrives.
5. Editor Joe O'Donnell has returned from his extremely relaxing vacation and is ready for a great summer full of stories. Thanks go out to guest editor Ken Manson, who kept the site lively and informative since June 19.