Gun, Knives Stolen from Unlocked Car: Police Blotter
Hinsdale police reports, Dec. 11-18.
SUNDAY, DEC. 16
Gun, Knives Stolen from Car
Someone took two knives, a pistol and $300 in coins from an unlocked car parked in a driveway in the 500 block of North Elm Street between 10:20 p.m. Saturday and 7:05 a.m. Sunday, police said.
Ammunition and the case holding the pistol were also taken. The total value of the missing items is estimated at $560.
A similar theft of a firearm from a car was reported this summer.
“Anybody that owns or possesses firearms should take steps to make sure they are secure,” deputy chief Mark Wodka said. “In this case, the firearm was taken from a vehicle parked on the [owner’s] private property, but it was … easily accessible.”
TUESDAY, DEC. 11
Village Reports Bounced Check
The village of Hinsdale reported to police that a $3,322.23 check given to the village by a known suspect for a business-related fine on Nov. 20 has been returned twice for insufficient funds.
The case is pending.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Hinsdale-Clarendon Hills news:
- Downers Grove Teen Charged in Hinsdale Home Burglary
- Oxi Clean in Fish Tank, Likely Internet Scam Reported: Police Blotter
- Flute Stolen from Middle School Student, Cash Taken by Repairmen: Police Blotter
- $5,800 Stolen From Illegally Closed Bank Account: Police Blotter
- $1K Bike Stolen, Student Caught After Cafeteria Fraud: Police Blotter
- Burr Ridge Man Charged with 2 DUIs in 5 Days: Police Blotter
Police Blotter information is provided by local law enforcement agencies, including the Hinsdale Police Department. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will verify and report the outcome.