Friday's Morning Report: Parks and Rec Summer Registration Open
The weekend has finally arrived; start it off well with these important items from Patch.
1. Registration is open for the Village of Hinsdale Parks and Recration summer activities. Activities brochures were delievered to residents on April 9. "The brochure includes camps, swim lessons and seasonal programs," the event's Patch listing reads. "Register on line, in person or by mail." See that listing here for more info.
2. There's a 50 percent chance of showers after 1 p.m. Friday and the high temperature will reach 61 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. Wind gusts will reach 30 mph. Friday night, there's a 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms and the low will dip to 54 degrees.
3. Looking forward, the "A Night in Casablanca" gala takes place Saturday night at the Hinsdale Golf Club, 140 Chicago Ave. in Clarendon Hills. The vintage gala begins at 6 p.m. and features dinner, big band music, and even "Bogart’s Cigar Bar·Hookah Harem Lounge." According to the event's Patch listing, all proceeds are going to the Hinsdale Center for the Arts' Mission and Arts Outreach program, which supports "schools and underserved populations throughout the western suburbs."
4. This morning on Patch is a release from District 181 announcing its latest administrative hire, Kurt Schneider, who will take over as assistant superintendant for pupil services later this year.
5. Friday in Hinsdale Central Red Devils sports: Boys Water Polo at Naperville Central Best of the West Tournament, 4 p.m.; Girls Softball vs. Elmwood Park and Hinsdale Central, 4:30 p.m.; Boys Tennis at Naperville North, 4:30 p.m.; Boys Lacrosse at St. Ignatius, 5 p.m.; Girls Lacrosse vs. Benet at Benedictine University, 6:30 p.m.