Final Lunch on the Lawn in Hinsdale Set: Wednesday's Morning Report
Sunny and warm weather and the Clarendon Hills Park District fall brochure's release are also among the things you should know about for Aug. 1.
1. The third and final Lunch on the Lawn in Burlington Park is set for Wednesday afternoon at 12:30 p.m. A magician will be the featured entertainment. "Grab your kids, friends and neighbors to enjoy FREE family entertainment," the event's Patch listing reads. "Bring your picnic blanket, pack a lunch and see a performance you won’t want to miss! The entertainment series is sponsored by the Hinsdale Public Library and the Village of Hinsdale."
2. Skies will be sunny Wednesday and the high will reach 87 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. Wednesday night, mostly clear skies and a low of 67 degrees are expected.
3. The Clarendon Hills Park District is sending out its fall brochure this week. "This 24-page, four color brochure includes updated information onthe Clarendon Hills Park District's Active Learners Preschool, the Rainbow Club for active adults ages 50 and better, youth and adult athletic leagues, tot programs, dance and arts classes, family and special events and holiday celebrations," an email from the district to Patch reads. Keep on the look-out!
4. Wellness House's Cultivating Spiritual Well-Being During Cancer class at 10:30 a.m. "This program explores spiritual themes that can be found universally across cultures and spiritual traditions such as surrender and forgiveness, the power of ritual, meditation and prayer, hope and faith, healing verses curing, and community and connection to begin an individualized personal vision for enhancing spiritual well-being," the event's Patch listing reads. See the listing for more info.
5. August is underway! This morning on Patch is a look ahead at what readers can look forward to this month and also a quick look back at the top stories of July.
Want your event to be featured in Patch's morning report? Post it here on our events calendar!