Distracted Driving Targeted in Hinsdale, D86 Board Members Talk Re-Election: Week in Review
Patch looks back at five of the most-read stories from the week of Dec. 10 to Dec. 14.
1. Hinsdale Takes a Stand Against Distracted Driving: In narrow vote, village board approves a new ordinance that would fine drivers $75 for the offense.
2. Three District 86 Board Members Confirm Plans to Run Again: Board President Dennis Brennan and board members Kay Gallo and DeeDee Gorgol say they will seek re-election in April; Dianne Barrett undecided.
3. Resident Objections to Tax Levy Increase Fail to Sway District 86 Board: The $75 million request represents more than a 4 percent increase over the current levy.
4. Newtown School Shooting: How to Talk To Your Kids About It: District 181 communications director Bridget McGuiggan sent a tip sheet from the National Association of School Psychologists that addresses how best to address high-profile acts of violence.
5. Oxi Clean in Fish Tank, Likely Internet Scam Reported: Police Blotter: Clarendon Hills police reports, Dec. 6-12.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Hinsdale-Clarendon Hills news: