Dianne Barrett Not Among 9 Running for D86 Board: Election 2013
The contested race will be decided during next spring's municipal election on April 9.
Dianne Barrett is the only District 86 Board of Education member up for re-election next spring who will not be running, according to district administration.
Wednesday was the last day those interested in running could file their nominating papers with the district. Current Board President Dennis Brennan and members Kay Gallo and DeeDee Gorgol were among those who filed along with six other challengers.
Barrett has been in a legal battle with District 86 over board member access to student records since 2010.
Barring any objections, the April 9 ballot will feature the following candidates for District 86 school board:
- Claudia D. Manley
- Jennifer Babbington
- Victor M. Casini
- Dennis A. Brennan (incumbent)
- Deirdre "DeeDee" Gorgol (incumbent)
- Kay S. Gallo (incumbent)
- Roseanne Rosenthal
- Edward A. Corcoran
- Roger J. Kempa
- Election 2013: 3 to Run for Burr Ridge Mayor, 5 for Village Board
- Election 2013: Board Member Lewensohn Among First 5 D181 Candidates to File
- Election 2013: 3 Candidates File For Burr Ridge Mayoral Race on 1st Day
- Election 2013: D86 Parent Who Opposed Sex-Heavy Movies Seeking School Board Seat
- State Extends Local Elections Filing Deadline to 5 p.m. Dec. 26
- Burr Ridge Trustees Grela, Wott Won't Seek Re-Election in 2013
- Trustee Bob Sodikoff to Run Against Gary Grasso for Burr Ridge Mayor
- D181 Election: Three Up For Re-election Either Not Running, Not Sure
- Election 2013: Hinsdale Caucus Set to Finalize Village, D181 Slates
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on local news: