New Hinsdale Restaurant, CiNe, Opens; D181 Schools All Over 'Top 50' Lists: Week in Review
Patch looks back at five of the most read stories from the week of Oct. 29 to Nov. 2.
1. CiNe Modern Tacqueria Opening Saturday in Hinsdale: Owner Peter Burdi said people can start making reservations online and on the phone Monday afternoon.
2. Hinsdale, Clarendon Hills Schools All Over Chicago Sun-Times' 'Top 50': Eight out of nine District 181 schools made their respective top 50 lists put out by the Chicago Sun-Times this week.
3. Officers Commended for Roles in 'Life Saving Event' Last Week: Clarendon Hills Police Department Chief Ted Jenkins sent a letter to Hinsdale Police Department Chief Brad Bloom that detailed the response to an accident that occurred on Route 83 last week.
4. Oak School Fourth Grade Won't Be Split After Sudden Resignation: The District 181 Board of Education approved Monday night the administration's recommended course of action, which will provide an additional half-time teacher and a former district teacher to help guide the new full-time replacement.
5. D181 Board Delays Action on Superintendent's Contract Extension: Superintendent Renée Schuster's two-year extension was put on hold for two weeks after two board members raised concerns about the board's approval process following a late-night executive session Monday.