ACE Program Changes Proposed, 2 Charged With Heroin: Week in Review
Patch looks back at the most read stories of the week of Jan. 28-Feb. 1.
1. End of D181's Pullout ACE Program Proposed for Elementary Schools: Increased standards in math and English language arts, paired with increased application of ACE principles district-wide would eliminate the need for an exclusive program, the district's Advanced Learning Task Force said Monday.
2. 2 Women Charged With Heroin Possession in Burr Ridge: The women were charged with the Class 4 felony on Jan. 22 after police stopped a car they were passengers in.
3. Accused O’Laughlin Killer Will Represent Self in Court: John L. Wilson, who is charged with the 2011 child murder in Indian Head Park, has been granted a motion of pro se with only stand-by counsel.
4. Cafe Opens, Fire Does Costly Damage, Villa Taj Sells: Top January Stories: Other stories that were among our most read for January detailed a burglary Hinsdale, a profile of Vintage Confections in Clarendon Hills, and a police blotter that included charges for two Hinsdale Middle School students.
5. Hinsdale Resident, 91, Scammed out of $7,800: It's the second time this month that an elderly Hinsdale resident was scammed by people posing over the phone as contest officials.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Hinsdale-Clarendon Hills news: