4th of July Celebrations Arrive: Wednesday's Morning Report
Hinsdale and Clarendon Hills both have big celebrations planned for the Fourth of July.
1. It's Independence Day in Hinsdale! The annual parade begins at 10 a.m. and marches through downtown before the Family Festival takes place at Burlington Park beginning at 11 a.m. See the event's Patch listing here for more information.
2. Events begin later in Clarendon Hills. That town's Summer Family Festival begins at 7 p.m. and runs until 9 p.m., right around the time fireworks at Hinsdale Golf Club start. See that event's Patch listing here for more info.
3. Before Clarendon Hills' Summer Family Festival is the third installment of the village's Dancin' in the Street concert series. Sorry for Partying will take the stage at 6:30 p.m. and finish in time to see the fireworks.
4. Weather-wise, the holiday will be a scorcher. Skies will be mostly sunny, the high temperature will reach 99 degrees, and heat index values are expected to hit 103, according to the National Weather Service. There's a slight chance of thunderstorms after 4 p.m. Wednesday night, the 20 percent chance of precipitation sticks around and the low will fall to 76 degrees.
5. This morning on Patch is a story about the District 181 school board's rejection of a plan to expand iPad use in district schools over the next three years.